
I laugh thinking how this seems to be the theme. Bring it on!
I'm still thinking of blog names. I've thought of Seasons of Love (weird connotations) and Good things come to those who have to wait (too long). I guess this will still have to be a work in progress.
So, now I have graduated putting an end on my library experiment. Too bad. I'll have to think of a new one.
Yesterday, I decided I wanted to go home, but then I realized my whole family would still be at church. This led the the best decision to go to Temple Square, my other home. I needed that! Later that night my dad was asking what we had learned that day. I definitely was laughed at when I told my day learnings that came from a bird (I'm glad they laughed, because I thought I was crazy as well).
I'll recap the story for you. Temple Square was...more than beautiful! You all have to go..TODAY! Anyways, I walked by myself around temple square on the most perfect day, feeling at home from the many hours I have spent there. I took some pictures with my cell phone and decided I really need to start my photography hobby asap. (Can you tell I like side notes?). I sat down by where I used to work at the Lion House Pantry and started to write in my journal.
I was writing and thinking about how I have been complaining way too much and not having patience. I was thinking about life and realizing what I need to change. As I sat the inspiration flowed. I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face as an old man passed and said hi, as I heard cute children playing, saw the overwhelming beauty all around me, watched the sweet sisters teach people, and felt the Spirit there.

Now for the bird. One of those changes I was wanting to make was having more love for people. As I sat and wrote, two little birdies came right in front of me. My thoughts were turned to sweet Brother Bedette from Newark. He has since my mission passed away, but when we visited him, he would share how this little bird would follow him and be a signal of his wife who had passed away. I then thought how they are now together like these two little birds, and will have the chance to be together...forever.
Another little birdie hopped in front of me, ruffled his feathers, and came even closer to my feet, and just looked up at me. It was so cute! At that very moment I felt this love come over me and that I wanted to be friends with this little bird. Such a funny moment, but it taught me to love. My dad thinks I should ask him to go bowling. haha. I love that my family can tease each other.
I spent precious hours with my family being all together. We laughed at the dinner table talking about, well my mom would be mortified if I said, so I'll leave it at that. I love the walk after dinner, laughing at "America's Funniest Home Videos" together, a walk outside, and sleeping over with the girls. I'm so thankful and decided I was going to change and be more thankful.
Yesterday was heavenly!








You are too cute! I would love to go to Temple Square...so take me!
ReplyDeleteLet's go! I'll pretty much go anytime cause I love it!
ReplyDeleteAshy, you inspire me:) Thank you for always opening your heart!
ReplyDeleteAsh I just found your blog and it is so cute! I love your pictures of Temple Square....also one of my favorite places in the whole world! Love you and your family!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete