Graduation...it's such a bitter sweet thing. You know what I mean; I don't really have to say much more. I'm excited about it, but at the same time it's a little bitter sweet. I think I have been so used to the life of a student and love it. It's now the season where each day I get asked, "What are you doing after graduation?" and now I say, "have an adventure". I'm sure that's what it will be. I am worried that I'm not worried about it. How ironic?
On Monday my sweet little missionaries (they are like little brothers) that I teach, shared with me the sweetest lesson on their last day of the MTC. They are such a humble and teachable district. I gave them time to ask me questions and then plan a lesson to meet my needs. As I walked in, they began to tell me they prepared a lesson on patience. They all shared ways to help me in my life (dating, helping my little brother, job search, etc) and about half of us shed tears too. So here's to patience!
My new adventure. Well, actually I find it a little sad that spicing up my life entails changing spots where I study in the library, but it has! I laugh every time. Today I was downstairs and this boy (yes, this is the right title) comes to sit at my table. He says the classic, "Do I know you?", and we start talking. Of course he's just home from his mission, the first semester at BYU, and getting ready to apply to the business school. Little does he know that I am not 19 as I may sometimes appear, but 24 sitting across from him looking at jobs when I graduate from the business school. Hah! Onward with the library experiment...
Next adventure. Learning tennis.
No comments:
Post a Comment